4.09.2008

Good Deliveries.

And I'm not talking about a baby delivery just yet. Although hopefully the same can be said of the big delivery coming up in July! ;)

Yesterday we kept the UPS men rather busy. First arrival was a new bookshelf for the office. Next, the chair and ottoman for the nursery! :) I had to be home for this one and the kind delivery man also moved the big bookshelf box into the house for me. {being pregnant certainly has it's perks} While at work, two more boxes were delivered and left on the porch. The desktop I was expecting, but the second box was a complete surprise! My crib bedding arrived!! It is really cute made me very excited to get started on the nursery. I have to be patient though...we're painting and moving rooms in about a week and a half. THEN I can have fun!

We're expecting one more (this is how we will stack the two) delivery on Friday from the store who did us wrong. Let me explain...now, I have been a big PB fan for a long time, but last week I thought we might have to call it quits. Over a month ago, Jason and I picked out a lovely new media console for our living room. It was on backorder. Ok, great~ no worries. Well, last week we were FINALLY notified that this item was out of stock and our card would be credited. UM...this was not ok with the hormonal pregnant girl!! I am somewhat over it now, since Jason got a really good deal on the other three items we just ordered BUT now I have to begin searching for a media console AGAIN. No fun and our living room will remain sloppy looking until I find something. :(

I mentioned earlier that being pregnant has it's perks...well it also comes with a few less enticing things. Such as strangers feeling the need to make conversation almost everywhere you go. I went to the grocery store the other day and was using the self-checkout minding my own business when the older and somewhat strange gentleman supervising the self-checkouts decides to strike up a conversation. At first it was the normal, "Is this your first?" "Do you know if it's a boy or a girl?" type of questions. Then it moved into many stories of people he knew (or customers he probably didn't know) and how many kids they had, etc. He was really hard to understand which made things even more difficult. So now I need to beware of strangers! ;)

I think I've left everyone in suspense long enough... We officially have a name for baby girl:
Kennedy Christine

This name has been on our list the longest and is one Jason suggested before we even thought a baby was a reality for us anytime soon. I still really love Hannah Claire, but there comes a time to choose one and put the rest in the vault for possible use next time around. :) Thank you all for participating in the name poll~

Wow, can you tell it's been a while since I last posted? Or maybe it's just that I have waaay too much going on. In fact, my anal-self had to create a calendar of the next four months just so I wouldn't have a panic attack. I'll save that for another post. ;) Work is still as crazy as ever - my supervisor is gone so this is what has added to my work load. Fun stuff~

Until next time~

6 comments:

Courtney said...

Your stories crack me up!
Love the name-so beautiful for a beautiful baby!!

rebecca said...

Love the name. I so can't wait to see pictures of the nursery!

Raven said...

Gosh, how fun! Just ONE delivery is fun - I bet you were about to explode! :) I cannot wait to see the nursery! Send me pics of your bedding asap - I can't wait any longer!

Anna said...

Great name! It looks like you are really on the ball getting ready for Kennedy.

DeeDee said...

Love that comfy rocker! You'll be so grateful to have it. Next time around (should we be so blessed, I'd like something similar. You spend waaay too much time in them to not be comfy. Great name choice too! Take care.

Unknown said...

love love love the name!