3.18.2010

A Little Good Luck.


So... I'm asking everyone for good thoughts for Saturday. :) In honor of St. Patrick's Day, a little good luck wouldn't hurt either!! Yes, my denial is slowing subsiding and I'm realizing that another baby is coming in less than 48 hours. Having to deal with surgery is probably the only thing that has been freaked out at the moment. I know somehow/someway I will learn to survive as a mommy of two baby girls. :) I feel like I shouldn't be as stressed or wound up over Allie - hoping it's more of a breeze the second time around. I know it won't be a cake walk but at least I've been there - done that!

This week has been busy - finally went on maternity leave Monday (after spending a couple of hours tying up loose ends that I just couldn't get done on Friday). Go me. Lots of family heading in town tomorrow and I'm very much looking forward to the extremely beautiful weather. A mani/pedi is on for the day too. Hoping to stay distracted long enough so panic mode doesn't set in.

We'll be waking well before the sun comes up on Saturday. I'm more sad because Kennedy won't be up than my non-morning self having to rise well before anyone else ever should on a Saturday. I'm going to miss little K terribly even though I know she'll be in good hands and come visit everyday. Just hard not having the control...

Ok, so I feel like all I've done is ramble... I do plan to post from the hospital when I'm up to it - hopefully Sunday. I can't wait to post a pic of our newest sweet baby girl. It will be so fun to see if she looks like Kennedy~

Before I sign off as a mommy of one for the last time, I'll leave you with another house pic - stainers are doing amazing work on our brick! :)


There's the white that was missing! Wish me luck! Hugs!

4 comments:

Anna said...

Oh Kimmy...I sympathize with you so much. I had the same feelings, thoughts, angst (minus the surgery part, kuddos for your bravery) just a short time ago. You will do beautifully! You may even surprise yourself. Read a few extra stories with Miss K tonight and enjoy her since you won't see her in the morning. Can't wait to meet the new addition! Prayers and hugs to you.

Courtney said...

PS
That picture of K is hysterical!

Courtney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Courtney said...

ok. posted a comment then re-read your blog and started crying. in a way i am sad that i won't have my buddy doing the baby thing w/ me the next time i have a baby :-(, in other ways i am overcome w/ joy. i can NOT wait to kiss allie. you are going to do great. love you!